Gambling Lambs went on yesterday evening, and lo, it was good, involving:
- Me learning finally how to do bits of a Rubik’s cube, thanks to David 🙂 (I’ve forgotten the exact combinations now but I get the theory). He knows his l33t cubes.
- Being on film for a local BBC documentary on videogames and games (which is due September – but I’ve no idea what the name was)
- Playing the brilliant Werewolf again, 3 rounds – me and two werewolves killed then entire village of Gibraltar the first time, but I got wasted the next 2 rounds in the first night! (one of which the villages won). I was obviously a very loud victorious werewolf to start with! (the second time was bad though because the werewolf who killed me, while he did think I was a werewolf in the first round, got my sherrifs badge in the second to make amends! Bah, politics 🙂 ).
- Got to play a little World of Goo, and more importantly showed the indie game to others (I personally get stuck rather easily, but puzzle people loved it).
- Some awesome rounds of Mario Kart DS 🙂
- Trading with myself between Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Platinum. Sooo worth it 😉
It was a tad dark down there – the flash was entirely necessary, as my gallery shows. At least I met a lot of cool people there in the dimness 🙂
The problem is next time, the first Thursday of September is when I’m going to DiGRA, so it’ll be all the way in October before I get to try things like Settlers of Catan which I fully intend to play. Anyone else in the Nottingham area at the time however should give it a shot 🙂 Bring what you want to play too and see if anyone wants to play, is always an idea, but there is plenty of things people bring to play of course.